One deck of playing cards
Remove all face cards before playing. Aces are worth one.
Objective: Players will take turns finding and removing combinations of cards that add to 10.
1. Deal 10 cards face up.
2. From the 10 cards, Player 1 will try to find as many card combinations (using two cards) that will add to 10.
3. When there are no more combinations left, Player 1 will keep all of the cards used for their equations.
4. If there is a 10 card, the player will take that card as well.
5. Replace the cards that were removed so that there are ten cards face up again.
6. Player 2 will take their turn.
7. Alternate turns until a player reaches the decided score (1 card=1 point).
The player with the most cards/points wins.
Variation: Find three cards that add up to a target number (such as 20).
Check to see the video demonstration.
Click for additional Learning & Loving It activities!