10 Facts you may not know about LRC
1. 2015 marks LRC’s 40th year as a non-profit providing high quality academic programs designed to help all students maximize their learning potential.
2. LRC offers services to Polk County and other surrounding counties.
3. LRC employs over 500 certified teachers who provide countywide services to more than 4,000 students ages five through adult.
4. LRC is accredited by AdvancED’s Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
5. Kindergarten through adult students can participate in year-round One-to-One tutoring designed to meet each student’s individual academic needs through personalized, convenient schedules.
6. LRC hosts 14 summer programs (in addition to One-to-One tutoring) geared towards kindergarten through high school students.
7. In summer 2015, LRC hosted nine kindergarten learning camps known as Camp READY! at locations in North and South Lakeland, Ft. Meade, Haines City, Bartow, Winter Haven, Lake Wales, Frostproof, and Poinciana.
8. On average, Camp READY! students who attend the full program demonstrate learning gains of SEVEN months in vocabulary development from pre- to post-assessment—quite an accomplishment for a five-year-old.
9. With support from United Way of Central Florida, grants, and generous contributions from private donors, LRC ensures that any deserving student who needs and wants academic help can receive it by offering scholarships and a Sliding Fee Scale.
10. LRC holds community partnerships with United Way of Central Florida, Polk County Public Schools, GiveWell Community Foundation, Publix Supermarket Charities, Heartland for Children, and the Lakeland Rotary Club.