1. Camp READY! is a school readiness program for rising and repeating kindergarten students, and provides hands-on, multi-sensory learning experiences in a fun, engaging format.
2. On average, Camp READY! students who attend the full program demonstrate learning gains of SEVEN months in vocabulary development from pre- to post-assessment.
3. Camp READY! has grown from one site in 2006 to nine sites in 2015 serving students at locations in North and South Lakeland, Ft. Meade, Haines City, Bartow Winter Haven, Lake Wales, Frostproof, and Poinciana.
5. Camp READY! is funded by partnerships between United Way of Central Florida, GiveWell Community Foundation, Disney Grants, and Learning Resource Center. LRC is always open to forging new partnerships in order to make Camp READY! available to even more students.
6. It costs approximately $22,000 to provide a successful camp. This figure includes all supplies, instructional materials, snacks, assessments, salaries, utilities/equipment, and marketing. Nearly ONE THIRD of this cost is donated to the program in the form of community partnerships through in-kind goods and/or services.
8. In recent years, LRC has added several exciting components to Camp READY!
Register your kindergartner for one of this summer’s Camp READY! sites today and find more information on the program at lrcpolk.com/programs/camp-ready/.