The Learning Resource Center Achieves Phase 1 of Matching Fundraiser, Moves On to Phase 2
The Learning Resource Center of Polk County (LRC) has successfully reached its goal during the first phase of the matching fundraiser. In this initial stage of a two-step matching campaign, LRC needed to reach a goal of $20,000 by May 31, 2018 in order for a funder(s) of GiveWell Community Foundation to match the amount, dollar-for-dollar.
LRC has attained the first stage with the help of numerous donors.
Now, the 43-year educational organization has entered the second phase consisting of a 1:2 match of $20,000. To receive the additional $20,000 from the private funder(s), LRC must raise $40,000 by September 30, 2018.
If LRC succeeds in both matches, the organization will have raised $60,000 and will receive a matching amount of $40,000, earning $100,000 total over a six-month period.
More about LRC
Today, LRC’s small staff and volunteers strive daily to continue coordinating services for 3,500 plus students, ages five through adult throughout Polk County.
These services and programs include, but are not limited to:
- One-to-one tutoring services to children and adults
- Small group instruction for remediation and enrichment
- Study skills courses
- Middle school courses for grade replacement
- High school courses for credit
- Camp READY! for kindergarten-readiness
- GED/SAT/ACT/GRE test preparation courses
- Heartland for Children- academy support for children in foster care
- Productive partnerships and flexibility to offer quality programs to other agencies, educational institutions and corporations to help students of all ages
Join the effort to save the Learning Resource Center, a one-of-a-kind nonprofit agency, to continue to help students maximize their learning potential and keep hope alive for current and future students. The gift of education is a gift for life!
Donations will help provide academic assistance to students in need, make it possible for LRC to employ highly-qualified tutors, and enable LRC to meet the needs of students, parents and the community by aiding with the expenses of daily operation. The effect of this fundraiser will reach every aspect of the nonprofit organization.