Do you have a little one who will be entering kindergarten in August 2015? Have you heard of Camp READY!, the exciting tuition-free, school-readiness program for rising and repeating kindergarten students? Your young learner will be equipped with the skills necessary for kindergarten after participating in this summer’s Camp READY! program.
You may be wondering, “What is Camp READY!, and what does it involve?”
This successful summer program is designed to prepare both rising and repeating kindergartners for academic success. This is done through hands-on, experiential learning centers featuring art, music and movement, cooking, and reading readiness centers. Camp READY! builds pre-reading skills while also providing a safety net to allow children more time to continue motor, social and cognitive development.
If you are still wondering why to choose Camp READY!, on average, LRC’s Camp READY! students demonstrate growth of seven months from pre- to post-assessment. Let’s not forget that Camp READY! is a place where students experience learning that is fun! Highly-qualified teachers will lead the exciting parade of rich language-laden lessons with movement and music, color and art, and taste and cooking, while providing learning opportunities for parent involvement at camp and at home.
Here’s how it works.
Choose from one of the nine camp locations throughout Polk County:
- Camp READY! Frostproof (Frostproof Church of God) June 15-July 10
- Camp READY! Lake Wales (First United Methodist Church) June 15-July 10
- Camp READY! Ft. Meade (Help of Ft. Meade – Gause/Riverside) June 29-July 24
- Camp READY! Winter Haven (Winter Haven PEP Center) June 29-July 24
- Camp READY! Haines City (New Horizon Church) June 29-July 24
- Camp READY! North Lakeland (Family Fundamentals) July 6-July 31
- Camp READY! South Lakeland (St. David’s Episcopal Church) July 6-July 31
- Camp READY! Bartow (Asbury United Methodist Church) July 6-July 31
- Camp READY! Poinciana (Loughman Oaks Elementary) July 7-August 4 (8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday)
Each camp will take place Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. for four weeks during the summer (except Loughman Oaks, which is Monday-Thursday from 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.). The dates vary per location, so be sure to take a look at the dates listed beside the locations above.
The cost of Camp READY! is $25.00. For families with documented financial need, scholarships are available. Register today to reserve your child’s place in this kindergarten-success program.