The 2016 Oscar-themed fundraising event took place at the exquisite home of Richard and Mary Ellen Krakowski in Lakeland’s Grasslands Saturday evening. The cocktail-chic affair not only served as a way to raise scholarship funds for deserving LRC students, but also served as the center’s 40th Anniversary celebration.
Over the course of the evening, guests were able to view and bid on an array of items showcased throughout the house while enjoying savory hors d’ouvres from Terrie Lobb Catering, libations by Head Over Heels Bar and live entertainment from The Sofa Kings. Jennifer Leigh of New Channel 8 hosted the affair as the Mistress of Ceremonies and introduced LRC star students Jaylen Arnold and Jaylaycia Lewis. LRC also recognized past and present board members with medals in celebration of the nonprofit’s 40 year-history and named GiveWell Community Foundation the For the Love…of Learning 2016 Honoree.
While LRC is still working on the numbers, it appears the organization is well on its way to surpassing 2015’s fundraiser earnings of more than $21,000 in scholarship funds that assisted more than 25 deserving students.
LRC is grateful for all of the generosity and support that went into making the event a success and is elated for the ability to continue assisting deserving students in this way that the community has helped make possible.
- Celebrate 40 & Raise Scholarships for Students with LRC on Saturday
- For the Love…of Learning Auction Item Preview
- GiveWell Community Foundation is LRC’s 2016 Nominee
- See Them at For the Love…of Learning 2016!
- LRC Hosts February Fundraiser
- The Learning Resource Center is Looking for Love in February
- Help Deserving Students by Becoming a Sponsor, Donor or Volunteer
- Learning Resource Center of Polk County, Inc. Celebrates 40 Years of Academic Assistance