Shop and save!
The 2016 sales tax holiday will take place over three days beginning on Friday, August 5 at 12:01 a.m. and running through Sunday, August 7 at 11:59 p.m.
Different from last year, this year’s tax-free rules apply to clothing, footwear and certain accessories that cost $60 or less per item and school supplies that costs $15 or less per item.
Examples of items that will apply to the tax-free holiday are:
- Hair accessories
- Shorts & skirts
- Markers, crayons & colored pencils
- Notebook paper
- Poster board
- Pens & pencils
According to the Florida Department of Revenue, the holiday will NOT apply to the following:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Personal computers and computer-related accessories
- Rentals or leases of any of these items
- Repairs or alterations of any of these items
- Sales of clothing or school supplies in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport.
For a complete list of exempt and non-exempt items, please visit dor.myflorida.com.
Get your back-to-school items during the 10-day tax holiday (2015)