Camp READY! dates are set for Summer 2016.
If you have a rising or repeating kindergartner, make sure they’re prepared for academic success by enrolling them in the Learning Resource Center’s annual kindergarten-readiness program. On average, Camp READY! students have shown growth of seven months from pre- to post-assessment in just four weeks.
Through hands-on, experiential learning centers lead by qualified teachers, students will experience learning that is fun!
With art, music and movement, cooking, and reading-readiness centers, Camp READY! builds pre-reading skills while also providing a safety net to allow children more time to continue motor, social and cognitive development. Teachers will engage students in themed rich language-laden lessons, while also providing learning opportunities for parent involvement at camp and at home.
The program is designed for students entering or repeating kindergarten in August 2016.
This year, Camp READY! is scheduled to take place at ten campsites throughout Polk County. Each camp will last a total of four weeks, Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. (with the exception of Poinciana & Ft. Meade) Dates vary by camp. (See below)
The cost of camp is $25 for the month and includes a shirt. If this fee causes a financial hardship, please call LRC at 863-688-9477 to discuss scholarship options.
To register your child before spots are filled, please visit lrcpolk.com/programs/camp-ready or call LRC at 863-688-9477.
Camp Locations and dates:
- Frostproof: June 13-July 8, Frostproof Church of God
- Bartow: June 20-July 15, Asbury Methodist Church
- Ft. Meade: June 27-July 21, 8 a.m.-12 p.m., M-Th., Lewis Elementary
- Haines City: June 27-July 22, New Horizon Church
- Lake Wales: June 27-July 22, Mary Norma Campbell Resource Center
- Lake Wales: June 27-July 22, High Point Church of God
- Poinciana: June 27-July 21, 8 a.m.-12 p.m., M-Th, Loughman Oaks Elementary
- North Lakeland: July 5-July 29, Family Fundamentals
- South Lakeland: July 5-July 29, St. David’s Episcopal Church
- Winter Haven: July 5-July 29, PEP Center