via The Ledger by Kimberly C. Moore:
- brainpop.com and jr.brainpop.com
An animated educational resource for learning different subjects for ages K-8.
1 p.m. ET, Mo will do lunch doodles with kids
A nonprofit classroom built for all students to learn K-12.
Engaging math curriculum for grades 1-8.
Standards-based digital curriculum resources for K-12 classrooms.
Live online classes for ages 3-18.
Learn a language for free.
Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking and growing.
Learn computer science.
A collection of digital games to play at home.
Differentiated learning; The comprehensive software curriculum spans math, ELA, science and social studies for students in grades K-8.
Watch actors read children’s books. Each book includes a supplemental curriculum developed by a credentialed elementary educator, aiming to strengthen comprehension, verbal and written skills for English-language learners.
K-5 science lessons.
Igniting the explorer in all of us to learn about the world.
K-12 science, technology, engineering and math learning.
Fun ways for toddlers to learn.
via Polk County Library Cooperative
- Books by Mail
– Even with our libraries closed, library materials are still available for request and delivery to your home through Books by Mail (BMail). All you need is a library card to access and order your titles (books, magazines, audio books and movies) through our online catalog. Note: Be sure to select “BMail” as your pick-up location.
Digital Library – download and stream eBooks, audiobooks, movies, music and television with your library card using the following digital media platforms:
- Beyond the Stacks newsletter focused on remote learning resources
– Digital eBooks, audiobooks and movies available on your mobile device
– Download digital audiobooks and stream movies, television and music for free
Find additional activities and resources that we’re updating regularly (and share your own) on our Facebook page, LRCPolk.
Lakeland Mom also has a great list of local resources and activities.