Shop, and save this weekend!
The 2017 sales tax holiday will take place over three days beginning on Friday, August 4 at 12:01 a.m. and running through Sunday, August 6 at 11:59 p.m.
This year’s tax-free rules apply to
Examples of items that will be exempt from tax this weekend include:
- Hair accessories
- Shorts & skirts
- Markers, crayons & colored pencils
- Notebook paper
- Poster board
- Pens & pencils
Computer & Accessories:
- Computers for noncommercial home or personal use
- Computer speakers
- Flash drives
- Ink cartridges
According to the Florida Department of Revenue, the holiday will NOT apply to the following:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Personal computers and computer-related accessories purchase for commercial purposes
- Rentals or leases of any of these items
- Repairs or alterations of any of these items
- Sales of clothing or school supplies in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport.
For a complete list of exempt and non-exempt items, please CLICK HERE.