Did you know that the Learning Resource Center offers numerous volunteer opportunities throughout the year, annually?
We’re looking for people with a will to help, an interest in education, good customer services skills, and the ability to support our vision of providing high quality, customized academic opportunities to help students reach their maximum learning potential.
If you match these qualifications and are seeking community service hours, looking to assist local students or desiring for a meaningful way to make use of spare time, then please don’t hesitate to contact us about the opportunities below!
LRC opportunities include:
- PEP Center After-School Assistant (takes place Monday-Thursday in Winter Haven)
- PEP Inwood After-School Assistant (takes place Monday-Thursday in Winter Haven)
- Summer Program Assistant (May through August throughout Polk)
- Office Assistant
- Tutor (paid positions also available)
- Spanish Translator
- Special Event Assistant (December through February; PigFest and For the Love…of Learning fundraiser)
- Community Outreach
We will soon be in need of many summer volunteers to assist with Camp READY!, our kindergarten-readiness program. Last year, the camp took place at nine sites throughout Polk during June through August. Each site’s camp will last four weeks. While we are still working on the specifics of each site for 2016, we are accepting volunteers.
Only have an afternoon or morning available? We can work with that. Regardless, please contact us at RebeccaT@lrcpolk.com to express your interest and receive more information.
We look forwarding to working with you and guarantee it’ll be a rewarding experience!