Shop, and save on sales tax August 3-5!
The 2018 sales tax holiday will take place over three days beginning on Friday, August 3 through Sunday, August 5.
This year’s tax-free rules apply to
Examples of items that will be exempt from tax this weekend include:
- Backpacks & Book Bags
- Shorts & skirts
- Markers, crayons & colored pencils
- Notebook paper
- Poster board
- Pens & pencils
According to the Florida Department of Revenue, the holiday will NOT apply to the following:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Personal computers and computer-related accessories purchase for commercial purposes
- Rentals or leases of any of these items
- Repairs or alterations of any of these items
- Sales of clothing or school supplies in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport.
For a complete list of exempt and non-exempt items, please CLICK HERE.
Search #LRCback2school on Facebook and Twitter to find more posts, blogs and information from LRC on back-to-school 2018 in Polk County.